Roger Wang currently also serves as the President of Marketing Institute of Singapore (MIS), the National Body for Sales and Marketing, since March 2014. He is also the Director of Essential Werkz Pte Ltd, Executive Committee of Singapore Association of Convention & Exhibition Organisers and Suppliers, Vice-President of GCMF (Global Chinese Marketing Federation) 2014/2015 and also the President of Pixel Inc. Singapore Pte Ltd.
With over 20 years of experience in the Marketing and Sales Industry, Roger expertise is Development of Marketing Strategies, Market Research, creating break-through ideas, new product development, events and exhibition, branding, media plans, and marketing planning. He has also done marketing and promotion campaign, involve in creative and innovative designs for top brands clients and customers such as M1, Starhub, Sony, Huawei, LG, HSBC, POSB, Standard Chartered, and many more.
Roger believes that marketing management is a varied career, each product has different challenges and opportunities. And a Managing Director needs to prove that he is capable of managing a variety of tasks simultaneously, attracting new business and delivering successful results that meets business needs.
A demonstration of practical skills and a proven track record will lead him to success in the industry.
- Director of Essential Venture Enterprise, currently known as Essential Werkz Pte Ltd, 1999 – present
- President of Marketing Institute of Singapore, March 2014 – till now
- Vice President of Shitoryu Karate Association, January 2015 – till now
- Head of Department in Sales & Marketing for Unicorn Oil Pte Ltd, 1997 – 1999
- Senior Sales & Marketing Manager of Singapore Plastic Centre, 1996 – 1997
- Senior Sales & Marketing Manager of Family Health Food Pte Ltd, 1993 – 1995
- Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore Police Force, 1985—1992
- Video interview by Kaplan Singapore on being UCD Alumnus of the year 2014 – Singapore (December 2014)
- Represented Singapore as a panel speaker from ASEAN region in the Kellogg Innovation Network, ASEAN Forum 2014 – Jakarta, Indonesia. (December 2014)
- Interviewed by 93.8 Live FM on Digital Marketing – Singapore (November 2014)
- Interviewed by Ceylon Today on Singapore Events Management (October 2014)
- Advertisement in Headhunter on UCD MSc Marketer (2 May – 15 May 2013, issue 127)
- Interview in Chinese New Paper 职场9 to 5, 咖啡时光 segment (26 July 2011)
- University College Dublin (UCD)
- MSc’10, Outstanding Alumnus Award 2014 (only given once a year for outstanding achievement in the University)
- Obtained Masters of Science (Marketing) with Honours in 2010
- The World Shitoryu Karatedo Federation,
- Obtained Shitoryu Karate Association 2nd Dan, June 2013
- Obtained Shitoryu Karate Association 1st Dan, August 1995
- University College Dublin (UCD)
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events
- Certified Exhibition Manager
- 2011 Successful Entrepreneur (Platinum Category)
- Nanyang Technology University
- Certified completed course for Effective Event Management 2006
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Represented Ngee Ann Polytechnic National TV, Singapore Broadcasting Corporation for Debate’84 for Tertiary Institution, which saw the team emerged as 2nd runner-up. His opponents were those from NUS, which included Mr Vivian Balakrishnan and Ms Eleanor Wong.
Mr Roger Wang began training in Karate when he was 16 years old. He was bestowed 2nd Dan on June 2013 by Shitoryu Karatedo Association.